The heart is the workhorse of the body. Based on averages, most of our hearts will provide us with about 3 billion beats in a lifetime. The heart is one hard working muscle. Just as we take care of our muscles after a tough workout with ice, heat or a good stretch, there are also ways we can take care of our heart. In honor of February being American Heart Month, here are a few strategies that can help you take good care of that hard-working heart!
If you love your family doctor here at Voyage Healthcare, let them know by nominating them for this year's Minnesota Physician of the Year award!
2021 brings hope for an end to the COVID-19 pandemic and some semblance of a return to normalcy. We understand many of you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and we would like to share with you the information we have available.
At this time Voyage Healthcare does NOT have the COVID Vaccine. Should we receive vaccine, eligible patients will be notified individually by Voyage Healthcare. Orders for COVID vaccines are not needed and will not be provided.
- As of January 19th, the COVID 19 vaccine is only available to healthcare workers, long term care residents, Minnesotans aged 65 and over, Pre-k through grade 12 educators, and Child care workers
- Educators and Childcare workers will be notified by their employers when they are eligible to receive vaccine
- For further information regarding eligibility and options to schedule vaccination, please contact the Minnesota Department of Health at 612.426.7230 or visit their website.
- Please note there is very limited supply of vaccine in the state. We encourage you to remain patient as more vaccine should arrive in the weeks and months ahead
- It is Voyage Healthcare’s desire to be able to provide vaccines to our patients. If you would like to advocate for your primary care clinic to receive vaccines, you can contact MDH at 612.426.7230.
Thank you for choosing Voyage Healthcare for your healthcare needs. We will work to keep our patients apprised of information as we know more.
Voyage Healthcare is pleased to offer a new drive-through option for your flu shot this year!
With more than 46 million kids participating in sports each year, making sure your child is okay to play is the first step before they hit the field, court, or track. Sports physicals are largely required by athletic leagues and schools − and for good reason. They raise awareness of any issues that may interfere with your child’s ability to participate in a sport.